Friday, June 21, 2013

Zebra Wall Art

During my excursion to Hobby Lobby to pick up the ornaments... I happened upon a few "artist boards".  These beauties were on clearance for less than $4!  My creative mind was brainstorming away just "knowing" these would be necessary in a future project.  I could only imagine what my Cameo could do with something like this.   

Well, it didn't take long.  After making a sign for my daughters door with her new Zebra craze she is going through, I couldn't help but wonder how hard it would be to make some wall art for her room.  So looking for pictures we could convert to vinyl art we went.  One of the pictures she picked out was this one.
  Pretty simple, black and white with clean lines.  I didn't think it would be too hard to trace - WRONG... Especially when you haven't done it before.  It was still easy, once I figured it out.

If you know me... you know I dive into everything.  Without reading directions.  I just do it.  Then, when something doesn't work right..  I pull out the owners manual!  Brahaahaa... just a little FYI for you.  Anyway, after deciding vinyl was just too precious to waste, I read up on how to trace designs in both Silhouette Studio Designer and Make a Cut.  To be honest.. there is a VERY detailed and wonderful tutorial on Youtube for Studio, but the program really lacked what I want... EASE! I honestly think I spent several hours reading and watching videos, just to find out what is what.  Make a cut is SO much easier!!  Especially, if you're like me and are only using black and white.
 
 
Once I had the design traced, I cut it out and voila!  Not hard at all.  She LOVED it!  I was pretty proud of it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment