Thursday, June 20, 2013

Personalized Ornaments

I'm still lovin' my Cameo!  I just wished I had more time to play around with it.  Since I'm home for a few weeks, I called my TRUSTY side kick over (My wonderful Mom!) and we tinkered around with making ornaments.


Super Duper Easy Peasy!  These are the easiest things to do.

We got the 2 5/8 balls and ribbon at Hobby Lobby (as always, I used my 40% coupon) and I had the vinyl that I purchased from H&H.  We started out using clear ornaments with the thoughts of putting in the metallic gift shred, but it drowned out the lettering on the ornament, so we changed our minds.

We created the design in the Silhouette Studio Designer and cut, then transferred them to the ornaments.  The biggest thing we had to be careful about was the dot on the "i" pulling up.  It would sometime catch on the Silhouette and other times it would stick when weeding.


There are several blogs and posts about using two colors and putting them on at the same time, but I was too chicken.  The vinyl ain't expensive,  but it ain't free so I opted for a chicken route! LOL!  One at a time... and it worked perfectly for us chickens.




I think they turned out wonderful! 














 


No comments:

Post a Comment