Friday, August 17, 2012

Is this really fashion?

I don't get the Fashion Industry.... do you??

The September Issue of Elle was just too much for me.  I loved the Katy Perry cover, the ads are unbelievable. I have to keep asking myself why I continue to support such things. 

I'm all about trying to find a new way of doing things.  Applying makeup, pampering, cool new outfits, etc.. but the ads these companies use completely mystify me. 

Here is an example.

I'm thinking she's gonna shoot me!
Sick, traveling, zombie.. you tell me.
I "think" they're selling handbags with this... Looks like she's flashing us.. look familiar?







My main question is... are they trying to inspire us... or scare us?!?!

There are many other ads in the book showing somewhat normal people, but the fashion world should think about what normal people want to look like instead of gothic zombies. I don't know of anyone who would actually or would even want to go out looking like any of these models.



No comments:

Post a Comment